Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Corriendo Por Corazno

Hola :)

By now, I think everyone knows the story about why I haven't updated my blog recently. So I won't say it again, but I have been here for almost 2 MONTHS. I feel like I haven't been here that long. Everyone said time would fly but I didn't know it would go this fast. I have gotten into a routine now, which makes it feel like a normal life. (This intro has nothing to do with my title in case you were wondering)

One Sunday I wanted to go for a run and I figured that since I've been here for almost 2 months I could find my way around Corazno by myself. Ha ha I was so wrong. I started out good, I had no problem going into Corazno and went down some roads that looked familiar. I was running along and there's a part where you can go either right or left (to get back home you need to go right) but of course I thought I had to go left.

As I'm running everything looks less and less familiar and I'm thinking oh craaap. So I turned around and realized it was starting to get dark and I didn't know where I was. And there was a lady standing outside. Then started the debate in my head. Part of me wanted to ask her where I was and how to get back, but the other part didn't want for multiple reasons:
1. She was old and scary looking
2. My Spanish is bad
3. I'm sure I looked lovely and sweaty
But I really wanted to get home. SO I went up to her and told her I was lost and she gave me the weirdest look ever. I told her where I lived (somehow I remembered my address, weird because I don't remember anything in Spanish) and she told me she didn't understand me. So she tells me to wait and yells for her husband to come down and try to explain to me how to get home.

While we were waiting for her husband to come down, she starts asking me all these questions like where I'm from, why I'm in Spain, why I'm running in Corazno. After I told her I was from the United States, she told me I was stupid! And then just stared at me. It was the most awkward moment ever. But her husband came down and he was a lot nicer and explained how I could get home.

I haven't gone running since.

This week has been freeezing cold. The type of cold here is so different from the kind in Wisconsin. Here, it rains instead of snows in the winter but there is also really strong winds. The cold in Wisconsin is drier, if that makes any sense but I'm freezing everyday. I don't think the school has heat. My school in Wisconsin is so hot in the winter, we can wear tshirts and guys can wear basketball shorts if they want without being cold. I definitly didn't think I would ever say this but I think it's colder than Wisconsin here. Everyone told me to wait until December. Great.

I'm looking forward to this weekend because it's Halloween. They don't really celebrate halloween like we do but on Saturday I think we are going out to Cambados to "celebrate" ;)
Then on Monday and Tuesday we don't have class because of Day of the Dead.

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. bahahahaha I loveeee this! ¨After I told her I was from the United States, she told me I was stupid!...I haven´t gone running since.¨
    hahaha ;)

    thats basically what all my teachers told me as well ;) gotta love the views they have on the states.

    keep up the writing! :)

    ReplyDelete